Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Week 2/4/20 - Thoughts on The Adventures of Tin Tin & Uncle Scrooge


The Adventures of Tin Tin is a series I wasn’t all too familiar with, my only interaction with the franchise was a couple of comics I read here and there back when I was much younger and the animated film that came out a couple of years ago. Though I don’t have much of a personal experience with the series itself, funny enough these comics were something that my mom found herself enjoying within her youth which I thought was rather interesting, especially since she grew up in Latin America. She said that one of her uncles was very big into comics and she would lend her some of the few comics he had for her to read, and the one that she gravitated the most towards was Tin Tin. Though in Latin America the series went by a different name known as “Las Aventuras de Tin Tin”.

Uncle Scrooge was a series that I had never really heard about until I first came to class, it wasn’t until then that I saw what the series was about. I always knew that Donald Duck had an extended cast and one of the characters was Uncle Scrooge who was this eccentric wealthy type, and although I never personally gravitated towards him, I enjoyed what I read about his character. He’s the one that looks after the three nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie and it’s quite the dynamic if I’m being honest. Seeing someone who’s as experienced contrasting against three literal kids, it makes sense to me as to why Ducktales was a very popular series.

No comments:

Post a Comment